Enjoy a peaceful break in one of our luxury self-catering holiday cottages on the Northumberland coast, close to Alnwick and Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Our self-catering holiday cottages lie in beautiful countryside between the historic island of Lindisfarne and majestic Bamburgh Castle.
- All our holiday cottages have achieved Visit England 4 Stars or 5 Stars Self Catering gradings.
- Perfect location on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
- Three miles of golden sands within walking distance at Ross Beach.
- Discounts available for under-occupancy.
- Freeview TVs and free Wi-Fi.
- Family-run farms.
- Each cottage has its own garden and parking. All are pet free (except Curlew, Hedgehope and Wagtail where one well-behaved dog may be permitted).
The Outchester Ducket
This beautifully restored, award-winning holiday cottage is one of the UK’s most romantic retreats. In August 2010, it was considered by the Guardian and Observer to be 'one of the UK’s ten best cottages, combining a spectacular location with luxurious facilities'.
At 65 feet tall, it is an18th century, fairytale, stone tower with 21st century facilities. It has five round rooms on five floors, connected by a spiral staircase. It sleeps two adults, and offers magnificent panoramic views of the sea and Holy Island to the north, and the Cheviot Hills to the west.
The Ducket has been awarded a 5 Stars Self Catering grading by Visit England.
Book On-line or by Telephone
If you prefer, bookings can also be made by telephone.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up to date with news, special offers, late availability and cancellations by joining our mailing list.